Re: [Usability] Touchscreen and gestures

Am Freitag, 6. Mai 2011, 17:01:17 schrieb Felipe Erias Morandeira:

> Jakob Nielsen did an usability study on gestures when the iPad came out:
>
>     http://www.useit.com/alertbox/ipad.html
> My personal take is that one should only rely on gestures when there is
> a very strong physical metaphor and/or as an accelerator for expert
> users (similar to keyboard shortcuts on regular desktop systems); in
> both cases, they should be consistent across the system so that they can
> be easily remembered.

Yes, Jakob Nielsen seems to have similar concerns with that topic (even if the
text is on a popular scientific level). Another report would be "Kinect
Gestural UI: First Impressions" (http://www.useit.com/alertbox/kinect-gesture-
ux.html). I agree fully with your conclusion.