Re: [Usability] Single-click mode for all Gnome apps

2010/5/14 Dotan Cohen <dotancohen gmail com>
On 14 May 2010 17:07, Dario Soto <dario soto gmail com> wrote:

Exactly. In KDE and Windows in single-click mode file manager, one
clicks the file to open it, and if he needs to select it he can either
use the rubber-band feature (draw a rectangle around the icon) or can
use the Ctrl key to select multiple files.

In Vista at least, you have a great feature for single click mode, where in icon/desktop mode, a checkbox appears in the corner on hover, so it's easy to select OR run with a single click, and it's real easy to select a few scattered files without resorting to CTRL. In list views, there's a checkbox column instead.

I may have gotten a detail or two wrong, I only used it for a very short period at work, and it was about 2 years ago, but this feature (if nothing else) worked wonders for ease of use with single click.

I sent a suggestion for this feature back then to Nautilus list which as I recall it met with general approval, but noone had the time to do it (which is fine, of course). :)

/ Kristoffer