Re: [Usability] How to make GNOME better for Netbooks?

Calum Benson wrote:

> On 10 Mar 2010, at 10:32, Valent Turkovic wrote:
>
>> Do you have some examples and guidelines how to customize GNOME for
>> Netbooks?
>
> If you want some ideas for how to customize GNOME to work on a
> netbook, it's probably easiest just to try some of the netbook-
> oriented distros out there, like the Ubuntu Netbook Remix, to see
> what they do.

Please forgive my first post here after lurking for many years being merely fanboy stuff, but I replaced my EeePC's OS with Ubuntu Netbook Remix and I've rarely been as happy with an OS replacement. While not perfect, it does a fantastic job of making optimal use of the smaller 1024x600 screen size, and performs admirably well on my netbook. Kudos to all who were involved in making that happen.

> We also need to encourage developers to write applications that will
> adapt better to running on netbooks and other non-desktop devices.
> This will certainly be one of the themes of the new GNOME Human
> Interface Guidelines, on which we're just getting started.

I've been itching to contribute to this project since I first joined this list, and while spare time is rare perhaps I can assist with tech editing the netbook section of the new HIG as it comes together.

What would be the best way for me to contribute to that?

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Media Corporation