[Usability] The HIG and Mallard

Hi folks,

I've read with interest some of the ideas about how to restructure
the HIG to be less of a book and more of a collection of pointers
and topics.

I'd like to explore whether Mallard is a good fit or this.  Mallard
is a document format that's explicitly designed to support related
collections of topics.  From what I've read, this seems it would
fit better with the new direction than the current DocBook setup.

Read more on Mallard here:
http://projectmallard.org/

Mallard is already being used by the documentation team for a lot
of application help documents, but I think it can be generally
useful for other types of non-linear documents.  It's actually
used to build the Mallard site, including the specification, for
example.

Is this something people would be interested in looking into?
It may turn out that it's not a perfect fit after all, but I'd
like to at least explore the possibility.

Thanks,
Shaun McCance
http://syllogist.net/