Re: [Usability] getting involved

Natan Yellin wrote:

Hello Natan,
> Hello Geraint,
>
> On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 7:36 PM, Geraint Jones <zcjtb58 ucl ac uk
> <mailto:zcjtb58 ucl ac uk>> wrote:
>
>     Hi all!
>
>     I recently finished a usability related postgrad (Human Computer
>     Interaction with Ergonomics at UCLIC), and I'm interested in getting
>     involved with open source usability projects. If anyone has any advice
>     with regards to this, I'd be much obliged.
>
> We're currently trying improve usability in the GNOME Zeigeist
> project. If you're interested, we'd love to hear from you on our
> mailing list zeitgeist lists launchpad net
> <mailto:zeitgeist lists launchpad net> or in the #zeitgeist channel on
> freenode.irc.net <http://freenode.irc.net>.
I'd be really interested in helping with Zeigeist. - I've taken a  quick
look round the launchpad site, and it looks really interesting. Would
you be able to point me to who's heading up the usability side of
things, and what kind of stuff needs doing?

Whats the etiquette with regards to announcing myself at the zeitgeist
mailing list? Is this post enough, or should I start a new thread
specifically there?

>     My first degree was psychology, so I'm pretty good at user testing and
>     research, and I'm an incurable hacker so I'm equally happy with
>     prototyping and implementation. I'm weaker on graphic design, but I
>     would nevertheless be interested to learn. If anybody knows of a
>     project
>     where I could apply my skills, give me a shout!
>
> Cool. I hope that you can help us come up with a better/new UI for
> GNOME 3.0. :)
I hope so too!

> Natan

Thanks,