[Usability] Nautilus List View as Default

Nautilus has three views: Icon View, List View, and Compact View. GNOME's default (correct me if I'm wrong) and other distros is the Icon View. Historically, this has been the most conventional view as it is the default for Finder and older versions of Windows Explorer. However, Windows 7 (I just don't know about Vista) has a new default Windows Explorer view. They are using something similar to the List View. I find it more convenient to use that because it shows a lot of information and it makes it easy to sort files and folders because there are columns.

What do you think about this? Don't you think that the List view is more usable and deserves to be the default option?

Best Regards,
Allan Caeg
https://launchpad.net/~wersdaluv
http://twitter.com/AllanCaeg