Re: [Usability] Ideas for Usability Hackfest

Ted:

On Mon, 2009-09-28 at 17:36 -0500, Brian Cameron wrote:
- GNOME Foundation Mobile Usability Lab
- Next revision of the GNOME HIG
- Usability Data
- Ongoing Usability

They all sound good.  I guess my only concern is that it is much easier
to gather the data than analyze it.  That was what was most interesting
to me with the inGIMP stuff is the calibration to sit down sessions,
then the ability to use that more broadly.

Of the list there, I think the HIG is probably the highest priority to
me.  There is now lots that it doesn't cover :)

I encourage you to discuss ways that you think the HIG should be
improved.  It would be good to have more discussion.

The Boston Summit is coming up in a few weeks (October 10-12).  I am
wondering how many usability people are going to this event.  If there
is an interest, and enough people going, we could plan to get together
there and discuss these ideas further.  Any interest?

I'll be there, let's talk!  I unfortunately have to leave Sunday night
so earlier rather than later please :)

Sounds good.  I think there will be a fair group of Usability people at
the Boston Summit, so lets plan to spend some time working on these
things.

So, I am interested to hear what people think.  I am interested to know
who is interested, who are the right people to be involved with a
project like this, and who might be available to help with
organizational things.

I suck at organizational things, but I'm willing to try and help.

I think just participating in the discussion is the best way to help.
A lot of decisions need to be made in terms of how to improve the HIG.

Brian