[Usability] Applications open windows on current desktop, not that on which they were launched

Applications open their windows on current desktop, and not that on which they were launched. It seems more intuitive to me that they open their window on the desktop where they were launched.

This situation applies with larger apps (e.g. OpenOffice) which take a few moments to launch, especially on less powerful hardware. While waiting for such apps to launch, it is customary for me to spend the time switching to another desktop to follow irc or catch up on emails or whatnot. Eventually the launched application opens its window on top of whatever I've been doing while waiting for it to start, resulting in my having to use the "move to desktop" option to put it where I wanted. It would seem more intuitive to me that it opens its window(s) on the desktop on which it was called, and not the desktop which the user happens to be viewing at that time.

I think this applies to both metacity and compiz, and certainly the latter.