Re: [Usability] Combo box in a status bar

Could anyone offer any input on this?

Thank you!

On 3/12/09, Vadim Peretokin <vperetokin gmail com> wrote:
Hi!

I have a usability question. An application I'm on the developer team for benefits extensively from different preferences settings, so it allows the user to make 'profiles' and change them on-the-fly.

One issue that was raised however is that it's too tedious to go to edit ▸ preferences and choose a new profile, with the suggestion of instead having a combo box in the main window's statusbar that would allow profile changing.

I'm wondering if anyone here can suggest a better method or this one is fine?