Re: [Usability] Gtk+ Font Dialog improvements
- From: Allin Cottrell <cottrell wfu edu>
- To: Henrique Carvalho Alves <hcarvalhoalves gmail com>
- Cc: usability gnome org, gtk-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: [Usability] Gtk+ Font Dialog improvements
- Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2009 14:45:38 -0400 (EDT)
On Sun, 19 Jul 2009, Henrique Carvalho Alves wrote:
> There was discussion on this some time ago, and the discussion
> got lost. I'm trying to raise interest on this issue again.
> I did a mockup for a new gtk+ font chooser, as I find the
> current one lacking from usability aspects, and wanted to gather
> some feedback. If there's any interest, please read the
> rationale at my blog:
I agree this is a substantial improvement on the standard dialog.
I have one additional beef with the existing selector, admittedly
more of a app-developer thing than a UI matter: the lack of any
means of asking for a subset of fonts to be displayed, e.g.
monospaced, or Roman text.
] [Thread Prev