Re: [Usability] Tab implementation review

On Sat, 2009-02-14 at 15:55 -0200, Daniel F Moisset wrote:
[...]
> As a user of English, spanish, and latin-american keyboards, I am quite
> sure this would be uncomfortable compared with ctrl+pgup/pgdn (which is
> also a defacto standard).

I had no idea about control-pageup/down.  Of course, on my
laptop keyboard we're talking about control-shift-fn-pgUp,
which is starting to get inconvenient, and requires the use
of both hands.  { and } are shifted on my desktop keyboard,
though (they are above [ and ]).

You can't win with keybindings, all you can do is provide some
default sets, and allow rebinding as much as possible, preferably
in a way that can be saved to a single file to be moved to another
computer as a starting point.

The most irritating thing is when the mouse wheel switches tabs,
e.g. in epiphany, because I go to scroll down and instead switch
tabs.  I'd like to turn that one off, for sure.

Liam