Re: [Usability] Tab implementation review

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 7:16 AM, Allan Day <allanpday gmail com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-02-09 at 19:22 -0500, Randall Wood wrote:
>> - Use Ctrl+{ / (Open brace) Ctrl+} (Close brace) to move between tabs
>
> Oh? Why not Ctrl+PgUp/PgDown?

I strongly believe that we should reserve a Ctrl+PgUp and Ctrl+PgDown
for navigating between tabs. These (together with Ctrl+Tab and
Ctrl+Shift+Tab) are the standard shortcuts for the purpose on other
platforms. This would cause much less confusion and mode errors. Being
standard shortcuts, they are also more discoverable. Programs can use
Ctrl+{ and Ctrl+} and other combinations for manipulating and
navigating content within one tab. For example, Gedit can use them for
jumping to the beginning and end of paragraph.