Re: [Usability] Confusion between Wi-Fi access point passwords and keyring passwords

Hi everyone,

> "[...] GNOME implements a very similar concept called 'Keyring'. The dialogs can
> be quite confusing there to. A common use case I’ve seen is:
> <snip>

Maybe we can try a different approach - start the keyring the first
time a user logs onto a fresh system (or immediately after the
installation of the OS).

At that point they will learn what a keyring is and come up with a
password for it.

This prevents scenario "3a" from occurring:
> "3a. If this is the first time you are using your keyring you are asked to enter
> a password to secure the keyring.

Maybe it is a good idea to ask for a keyring password when creating a
new user, so all these things happen in "one place".

I won't be surprised if people will use the same password for the
keyring as the one for their user account - if statistics can confirm
that, maybe the keyring password shouldn't be asked at all?

Alex