Re: [Usability] Overthinking things.

Quoting Vadim Peretokin <vperetokin gmail com>:

Try reading what people actually write:

Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make Ubuntu
better. You reported this bug a while ago and there hasn't been any activity
in it recently. *We were wondering is this still an issue for you?* Can you
try with latest Ubuntu release? Thanks in advance.

You did not reply to that, so they rightly assumed you were not interested
anymore / it was not an issue anymore.

It was an automated reply two and a half years later. Obviously I wasn't interested anymore as I wasn't using it anymore. Who's to say that if I did as it suggested it wouldn't give me the same autoreply in another two years?

I don't see how using such a system for usability complaints could ever possibly work, as they will always take a lower priority to bugs, and I don't think we'll ever see a situation where bugs will all be fixed.

Plus usability bugs are highly subjective, most developers largely do not understand the problems, and it is unable to handle anything big picture, only minor issues.