Re: [Usability] Icons in panel menu bar

Hi.

The panel menu bar is really not an usual menu bar. Unlike menus found
in applications, it is used in different situations and for different
things.

This feeling of something wrong maybe happens there when you don't
have the icons because all these items are actually "shortcuts" to
applications or windows which don't belong to the panel itself. And
people are used to consider shortcuts as something that always comes
with an icon.

Because of this, *at least by now* I don't think we should include the
same guidelines we are using for the real menu items. Keeping all the
icons in the panel seems a saner option. This way we'll just keep the
way it is in 2.26. There will be no risk of leaving something worse
than before. :)

Thank you.