[Usability] Gnome Research - Sociological Surveys

A.K.,
I get the feeling you are trying to discover the user's proficiency with
the GNOME desktop or computers in general.

Some suggestions I would have are:

Change the question "What is you occupation?" to
"What do you do with Linux?"
() Linux Kernel Programming
() Programming - Java, C++, Python
() Web Development
()  SAMBA Server
() Web Server
() Email
() Instant Messaging
() create images (GIMP Photo shop)
etcetera
Make it general categories to get an overall feel for the usage.

Add the question "What Linux Distribution do you use?"
() Fedora
() CentOS
() Suse
() Debian
() Unbuntu
() Gentoo

Add the question "What programs do you use with GNOME?" and have the
option for non GNOME programs in the list. I know lots of people use
K-mail or Thunderbird instead of Evolution for example. I use K3b for
making CDs and DVDs instead of most GNOME programs.

Add the question "Do you use other Desktop environments? "
() KDE
() Sugar
() XFCE
() Windows XP
() Windows Vista

> I think HS is often referred to as secondary school.  Confusing
> enough, it's
> also called "college" in parts of Europe.  I'm asking my Romanian
> roommate
> these questions :P   What Americans call "college" Europeans call
> "university."
And to make the confusion worse, colleges and universities are
considered different levels in the US. I think colleges are supposed to
be in preparation for going to a university. The part that gets
confusing is universities are referred to as going to college in the US.
It is normal for someone attending Harvard University to refer to
themselves as a "college student".

>  Could say did not finish secondary, secondary, post-secondary,
> vocational.
>
> I also sent a mail to the list with post-secondary broken into
> undergrad/graduate, but I don't know how those translate.
>
> --
> Mackenzie Morgan

Undergraduate = Associate and Bachelors Degrees
Graduate = Masters and Doctorates (PHD)
In the US

--
Tim McConnell <tmick1 earthlink net>