Re: [Usability] Prototyping the next generation panel

I'd certainly support prototyping this stuff sooner rather than later as well-- but to be honest, that's the easy part,

What kind of prototypes do you think we'd need - would something on paper be enough?

the hard part is doing the right things with those prototypes to get the feedback we need.

Agreed. I'd be happy to help out with data gathering. I'm a social researcher, so I'm used to doing interviews and even the odd observation. I might need a bit of advice when it comes to using the prototypes though.

If we can put a plan in place to do that, we're well on the way.

A relatively small sample could be the way to go. If we could get a small number of people who know what they're doing to gather the data, that should also speed things up.

We really need to avoid producing large amounts of data that needs to be analysed. Perhaps producing short written observation notes would be best?

Allan