[Usability] Prototyping the next generation panel

Hi all,

I'm sure those of you who subscribe to the desktop-devel-list will have been watching the recent thread on prototyping [1] with interest. In this thread, it was recently suggested [2] that prototyping of the new designs [3] should happen right now. I'm wondering what people on this list think of that suggestion. Personally, I am keen to exploit this situation as a possibility for usability people and developers to start working more closely together. If we want to do this though, then usability work needs to get under way sooner, rather than later - since it is clear that the development work isn't going to wait for us.

Best,

Allan

(wallan on irc.gnome.org)

[1] http://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2008-October/msg00125.html [2] http://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2008-October/msg00206.html