Re: [Usability] Usability meeting minutes

Calum Benson wrote:
I'd also really like to see more of the simple usability work done by developers.

Of course it would require some hand-holding/tutorials/whatever from experienced usability folks to start with, but really, it shouldn't be that hard to get everyone involved, testing early and often. Use paper prototypes, working prototypes, test with friends, relatives, students, user groups. Video the results if possible (but not essential). Collate the results on a suitable website (would need consent if participants were identifiable in videos.)

If somebody could write a *nix version of something like Silverback[4], that would be a great tool to have in our armoury, too. (Slight mixed metaphor there...)
I would really like to see a app like this on my GNOME Desktop and would probably try out some of our wacky stuff on my poor friends from time to time. Perhaps this would be a good opportunity to do some Design first - Code later. I totally regret that I never had the time or patience to learn how to program properly, but I hereby volunteer to do any graphics design needed (icons/website/whatever) for such a app.
[4] <http://silverbackapp.com/>
- Andreas