Re: [Usability] Standard keyboard shortcut for opening a new tab?

On Tue, 25 Nov 2008, Philip Ganchev wrote:

... snip ...

> By the way, I agree that tabs are in the way in many places, such as
> in Gedit and in terminals and often in browsers. In particular, Gedit
> should allow a way to open documents (existing and new) in a new
> window by default.. Until then, it should keep Control+N mapped to
> "File : New". Also by the way, I never understood why Gnome only
> allows one shortcut per action.

Developers can create other actions with effectively the same end result
and allow each to a different keybinding.  by default one menu item can
have one shortcut, I'm sure it seemed like the most reasonable and
straightforward implemntation at the time.  Maybe gtk 3 might be the time
to request a better API?

--
Alan