Re: [Usability] Standard keyboard shortcut for opening a new tab?

> Isn't it the job of the window manager, rather than the application,
> to handle closing of windows? If so, should the HIG specify it? In
> Metacity, the shortcut is "Alt+Space; c".

The thing is, if we only specify it as a standard for the WM, there
might be a risk of shortcut conflicts in certain applications (ie.
Evolution, where Control+T would at the same time group by threads AND
close the current tab ?!)

--
Guillaume Ardaud <guillaume ardaud gmail com>
http://www.noxneo.net/~ga