[Usability] I wish to contribute

I am Hiran, a final year engineering student (computer science) from Kerala, India. I am being a gnu linux user for the past 4 years and on GNOME for all those days, even I had changes in distros. I do something in python, and also font and designs (though I don't draw). I wish to contribute to the GNOME, want to work on the Project in such a way that to make the UI more user friendly, and hence the best place is here - the usability. I wish to be a part, on the usability and the question is where to start? and what to do? Could some one give me a small intro to the work here?

Sorry for bad english!
IRC : HFactor | Phone : 09496346709 | PGP : 4634C034 | W : http://hiran.in