Re: [Usability] Gome is Too BIG..

On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 3:11 PM, Dokuro <dario soto gmail com> wrote:
> can anyone tell me what is the regular resolution the HIG is supposed
>  to work on?
>  if we know that, we could just calculate the actual difference for
>  smaller and bigger resolutions based on that pixel value, a pixel on
>  High Resolution would be what in a lower one...

I don't know if this will work, but you're welcome to try it out.

On standard PCs the resolution is 90 - 100dpi, with 96 being common.

At one time, Apple branded PCs had a resolution of 72dpi, but I don't
know if that is still common or not.

High resolution displays vary but tend to be over 100dpi. You may want
to take a ruler to your local computer retailer to figure it out.
Upload a web graphic with a set # of pixels (say 300px square) and
measure it with your ruler. Some displays have a different resolution
in the X and Y axis so measure both to be sure. Changing the "screen
resolution," the number of pixels shown on the screen will obviously
change this, so the assumption has to be that the screen is using the
suggested width and height. (that can be unclear because of the mixing
of terminology, but for example, if you have an LCD whose native
resolution is 1280x800 but you instead set your computer to use a
resolution of 1024x768 you will have a different dpi)

--
Matthew Nuzum
newz2000 on freenode