Re: [Usability] Navigating the Main Application Menu using the keyboard

On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 8:44 PM, Mathias Dahl <brakjoller gmail com> wrote:

>  Hi,
>
>  I find keyboard navigation of the main application menu a bit
>  confusing. After opening it with Alt+F1 and typing `p' it is not the
>  Programming sub menu that opens, as I would have guessed. Instead it is
>  the Places top menu (on my system the one to the right of the
>  Applications menu). When the Places menu is opened focus is given to the
>  top menu item there and I can type other keys to activate sub menus. The
>  same goes for the System top menu.
>
>  I found this illogical. Shouldn't the focus be at the top item of the
>  Applications manual when I activate it? If not, why, and how am I
>  supposed to activate menu items under it without using the cursor keys?
>
>  Forgive me if this is the wrong list for this and please direct me to
>  the appropriate one if so.
>
>  Thanks!
>
>  /Mathias
>
>  PS. I should mention that I am running this under Ubuntu 7.10.

Have you considered asking a Question using the "Launchpad Answers" system?

https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/

--
Michael Chang

Please note that not all formatting may be preserved in
Office/Word/Powerpoint documents sent to me. Please use OpenDocument
(not Open XML), HTML, and RTF where possible. See
Thank you.