Re: [Usability] Creating links on desktop

On Wed, 2 Jul 2008, My Own Linux wrote:

I am working on a document file in a folder /home/user/files/mymy.doc

I often need to create a shortcut link for this file on desktop. I want a
feature similar to "Send to" desktop.

There is no way to do it in Gnome.

Also in nautilus I need a option to create word process/excel sheet by right
clicking and saying

Create document > Wordprocessor

right now it only creates a text file.

Any file in the ~/Templates directory is available in the Create Document
menu.  So just make whatever empty document you want to start with (either
completely empty, or with some contents already filled in) and copy it to
that directory.
--
Adam Lopresto
http://cec.wustl.edu/~adam/

Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give
it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgment. For
even the wise cannot see all ends.

 --Gandalf the Grey