Re: [Usability] selecting with shift, ctrl; using shift to select on desktop.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean... for "real-time" multiple selection there's click-and-hold, and ctrl-click (imo) obviously needs the user to click several times since it selects nonadjacent items, how else do you determine what to select? Or am I way off mark?