Re: [Usability] Sub-category based grouping of icons in GNOME menus

On Fri, 2008-12-26 at 10:45 -0500, Natan Yellin wrote:

> I think we could tackle that problem simply by merging more preference
> dialogs together.
>
> Off the top of my head, the following preferences could go together:
> - Keyboard and Keyboard Shortcuts
> - Network configuration and Network proxy
> - Appearance, Screen resolution, Screensaver, and Windows
> - Personal File Sharing (gnome-user-share) and Remote Desktop

I don't know if this is normally part of GNOME or not, but in Ubuntu
Jaunty with GNOME 2.25, there's a "Pop-Up Notifications" item in the
Preferences menu.  It's for changing libnotify's colors, I think.  That
should also be merged into Appearances if it's part of GNOME.

--
Mackenzie Morgan
apt-get moo