Re: [Usability] Alternatives to hardcoded colors

Interesting. I did not notice that Tasks was theme-dependent, because in pretty much all situations the "low priority text" stayed gray (I tried playing with all the colors I could imagine just now, even a bright pink clearlooks!).

Maybe we have the same DPI and working environment. I sometimes work in low light with the thinkpad brightness at minimum, and then the low-priority tasks are hard to discern.

The colour of the tasks in the main task view can be configured via the theme
based on the priority of the task.  The defaults are to use the normal text
colour for high and normal priority tasks, and the insensitive text colour for
the done and low priority tasks.  If these colours are not suitable, add
something like this to your ~/.gtkrc-2.0:

style "koto-task-view"
{
        color["priority-high"] = "red"
        color["priority-normal"] = "blue"
        color["priority-low"] = "green""
        color["priority-done"] = "orange"
}
class "KotoTaskView" style "koto-task-view"
I tried your suggestion, it does not seem to work on gnome 2.22.

The thing is, the grayish colors I currently have for low priority tasks are readable, just not easily readable for me. I wonder if a feature in the Tasks gui for setting custom colors that override the theme would be an acceptable idea?