Re: [Usability] Copy/double click feedback

Not only is the discoverability of the double-click almost zero, it is
also very difficult to learn.

Quite some of the people I work with (middle-aged, in front of the
computer for the first time) have great difficulties to handle the
double click correctly. Most of the time it's because they don't click
fast enough. At other times they move the mouse between the two
clicks. Double-clicking is something that needs a lot of training.

And then there is another issue; the double-click is amazingly
inconsistent with the rest of the desktop. How do you explain when to
double-click and when not to? I have quite some "pupils" that acquired
the habit of simply double-clicking everything (once they got used to
it) just to be sure.

It's a mess, really. And that activate-on-single-click thingy doesn't
work all to good either, at least for me. I never used it in a
training session, because I tend to activate / "open" files and
folders by accident with this setting. I don't know how new users
would do, to be fair.