Re: [Usability] copy file dialog

On Fri, 2007-09-14 at 20:48 +0000, stimorol chewing gun wrote:

> I'm new to this group. Maybe you already spoken about it, in this case sorry.
>
> I just think, it may be cool to have these features.
>
> When you copy a lot of files with the gmone interface you have one dialog by batch.
>
> Maybe we can group them like in Beos. (see the screenshot)

I guess the first question (for any new feature, not just this one)
would be "why"?   The multiple progress bars take up more screen space,
so the use case would have to be quite common and compelling.

When you copy multiple files at once (to the same location), aren't they
usually copied one after the other anyway to avoid disk thrashing?  So
wouldn't you usually still see just one progress bar at a time anyway?

Cheeri,
Calum.