Re: [Usability] Cascading Menus, Context Menus, and Moving Files

On 5/22/07, Thorsten Wilms <t_w_ freenet de> wrote:
On Mon, May 21, 2007 at 09:14:52PM -0400, Jacob Beauregard wrote:

> Do you think that if context submenus were presented in the fashion of a tree
> rather than cascading that it would be more useful? I think it would, but I
> can't quite imagine how it would look.

There's always the BeOS fashioned cascading menu. While it doesn't solve everything, it is certainly better than standard context menus. I couldn't find the original picture, so I did a quick and dirty here : http://friendsofmine.fr/context.png

I can imagine how it would look.
The first question would be wether the menu should grow to include
the sub level, or if the sub level should be drawn on top.
The problem is that it would make searching for an item terribly slow,
as then submenus don't appear on the side on just mouse-over.

I'm not entirely sure I understand, could you explain further ?

Amaury