Re: [Usability] Options, Check, Toggle, Exclusive

On Mon, 14 May 2007, Matthew Paul Thomas wrote:

> On May 14, 2007, at 7:44 PM, Amaury Chamayou wrote:
> > You are probably right on this. I'm not much of an expert, I just
> > thought it would be interesting to make the exclusivity of the choice
> > obvious. It's not entirely clear with current radio buttons ( ie "why
> > can't i have multiple black dots in those small holes") and if they
> > are not positionned corretly (for example sometimes they are in two
> > rows), you might click on something that will actually deactivate an
> > option you have selected earlier because they are exclusive. It would
> > be less of a surprise if there was a slide, a kind of movement from
> > the place where something was deactivated to the place you have
> > chosen.

Radio buttons work much more effectively when not only the small dot but
the whole text are more obviously together and button like to form a
larger target.  Careful prelighting in a well designed theme can make this
substantially more obvious but perhaps more could be done to make the
grouping and exclusivity more obvious as you suggest.

--
Alan