[Usability] Keyboard

Hello,

I would like to ask, and I am not 100% sure this is the right place, but it
seems to me from what I have read.

Why doesn't Gnome accept the Super key (or Windows keys) as modifiers of other
keys to its shortcuts?

On a recently instaled Gentoo, Gnome version 2.16.2, when going to the
System->Preferences->Keyboard Shortcuts the Super keys (left and right) act like
an alphabetic key.

>From what I know, this is really an easy task, and probably many users (and
myself included) are surprised that this doesn't work.

Regards,

Dedeco