Re: [Usability] visibility in combo boxes (again)

Yeah, I noticed that, too. I always scroll all the way down and find what I wanted when everything's visible. It might be better to top of at the first option and move the entire list when you scroll or something similar. I don't know. I always thought that was kind of annoying.

On 7/1/07, Christian Neumair <cneumair gnome org> wrote:
Am Samstag, den 30.06.2007, 00:47 -0400 schrieb Jacob Beauregard:
> Hey, using The GIMP 2.2.13 (pretty much the only GTK program I've used the
> past two weeks) save dialog with gtk-qt-engine 0.71 is exhibiting the combo
> boxes to show the scrolling arrows with blank space rather than showing every
> option when it does not fit on the screen.

The current design ensures that the currently active entry is centered
on the combo box as you click it. It may look ugly, but I think it makes
orientation more simple, at least when the contents of the combo is
sorted it is likely that you choose an item next to the currently active
one.

--
Christian Neumair < cneumair gnome org>