Re: [Usability] HIG Compliance help

On Mon, 2007-01-15 at 15:46 -0600, Michael D. Wise wrote:
> I am trying to redo some of the dialogs in GnuCash to be more HIG
> compliant in order to help out and do what I can.  I don't know if I'm
> being too picky or not.  I've attached a shot of the redone dialog
> and I would appreciate some critique.  Some of my questions are:
>
> 1. Does there need to be a border between the edge of the dialog box and
> the notebook.

Yes, 12 pixels according to the HIG (although I think some apps probably
do less than this).

> 2. What's the best way to get the proper spacing between the sections
> (i.e. Identification and Billing Address)

There are as many ways of doing these things as there are people who
create .glade files, and the best way to learn is just to dig some out
of svn and see how they've done it.  Personally I'd probably use a 3-row
vbox with the spacing set to 12 (the correct inter-section spacing,
IIRC), then just put a frame for each of your sections in each row
(Identification, Billing Address, Notes).

Cheeri,
Calum.