Re: [Usability] Play/Pause or Play and Pause buttons in Jokosher

Shane M. Coughlan wrote:

It seems to me that visual clues can be used to show people what the
button will do.  For instance, the case of play/pause, perhaps it's
enough that when the mouse runs over the play button it morphs into a
pause button.

I'm not sure I buy the idea of buttons pressing in and popping out on 2D
interfaces.  Colour might be a better indicator.  Even something as
simple as the button becoming white instead of gray would make it clear
which button is active, and perhaps when paused the button could assume
a light gray shade.

I would like to see comments from accessibility experts on this whole issue.