Re: [Usability] Usability Digest, Vol 33, Issue 9

Can this software put window controls on the left or bottom sides of windows?  What If I speak/read a language that has vertical text?
What if I like to keep as many control mechanisms as possible near the bottom of the screen?
I had to choose the top of the screen due to how windows are almost always set up, but it would have been better if I had actually had a choice.  I know, most ppl don't care, but for a more efficient user session, it's best to make the screen a single gradient of logical and visual complexity.  While users may adapt quickly to icon location, it's best if there's not much to adapt to.
"See, Grandma, all the buttons are at the left.  All the menus are at the top."

It's also good to centralize as much code as possible, but I think we're already doing ok there.