[Usability] Please avoid crossposting [Re: The Pathetic State of the GNU/Linux Desktop]

On Mon, 19 Feb 2007, Lennart Borgman wrote:

> Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 03:02:23 +0100
> From: Lennart Borgman <lennart borgman 073 student lu se>
> To: Alan Horkan <horkana maths tcd ie>
> Cc: Jacob Beauregard <jake13jake comcast net>, usability gnome org
> Subject: Re: [Usability] The Pathetic State of the GNU/Linux Desktop
>
> Alan Horkan wrote:
> > Please do not crosspost.

> It looked reasonable to crosspost in this case. Could you please give an
> advice for how to post?

> I hope this does not develop into a thread discussing crossposting

I quickly mentioned to Jacob offlist that crossposting makes a discussion
harder to follow as people will often reply to both lists but not everyone
is on both lists.  There is more to it than that but I'll try to keep this
brief.

I may respond to Jacobs comments later.

--
Alan