Re: [Usability] =?iso-8859-1?q?Integration_and_Standardisation_of_Not?= =?iso-8859-1?q?ification=09area=09and_behaviour?=

Thanks for the link Calum. One thing I'd like to mention:

"A balloon may be show when the icon is first displayed, if the icon's
appearance is not the direct result of a user action. For example, the icon
for an incoming email or instant message may be accompanied by a balloon.
However, the appearance of a printing-in-progress icon would not be
accompanied by a balloon, because its appearance was caused by the user
choosing to print a document."

I know it says early thoughts, but what about the case of having a long print
queue to get through? I haven't really ever seen a network printer signal
anything back to my computer when it's finally handling the job, don't know
if it's possible in all cases, but it would be nice. That could be
generalized into any activity that the user has no control over when a job is
handled or has been completed.