Re: [Usability] desktop lacks "Display properties" or "Screensaver - Power" options on right-click context menu

On Sun, 2007-04-22 at 04:49 +0530, shirish agarwal wrote:
> the desktop should offer "Display Properties" if that is not feasible
> then atleast "Screen-Saver settings" as part of the right-click
> context menu. The rationale behind it is two-fold as these are used
> quite often to change power savings (in case of laptop) or resolutions
> etc. while working. So if all the graphic properties were in one
> object on the right-click menu on the desktop itself, it would make
> things so much easier. Looking forward to your constructive
> criticisms, suggestions & additions to this. Thanx all in advance.

I disagree.  What are the use-cases here?

- User frequently changes resolution.

If you find yourself frequently changing resolution is there
xrandr-applet, which puts a drop-down list of available resolution on
the panel.

- Something about "power saving".

gnome-power-manager handles this automatically, and is configured via
the icon on the panel.

Ross
                                          jabber: ross burtonini com
                                     www: http://www.burtonini.com./