Re: [Usability] Control Center Appearance Capplet

Hello,

I am not sure if the advice in the HIG applies to this, as it is (or should be) fairly obvious that changing to a different theme will affect options not shown on the current tab.
I wouldn't say that's necessarily true, especially as not all the other
tabs (e.g. Options) do comprise the Theme, just some of them.  In fact,
at least one of the tabs (Fonts) mixes some things that are part of the
theme (the fonts themselves), and some that aren't (the anti-aliasing
options).  I can't help feeling some cleaner separation would be
preferable.

We also talked about this a bit on #control-center. To work around the one-tab-changes-another problem, I propose to make font and background settings in themes suggestions (as they are now, BTW). That way, the user would have to explicitly click on a button to apply such settings and thus would exactly know that those settings are changed. A mockup is here:

http://ultimum-projekt.de/mockups/appearance.html

Regards,
Denis