Re: [Usability] Drive applet by default

2006/9/14, David Prieto <frandavid100 gmail com>:
El jue, 14-09-2006 a las 08:12 -0300, Thiago Ribeiro escribió:
> I'm talking about the usb devices... pen drive... exactly.. :)

This lacked any kind of notification in previous gnome versions, which
led to data loss because of people pulling their pen drives while in
use, but it's supposed to be fixed now.

Maybe you mean a whole different problem?

I think he's talking about the fact that when you "unmount" a USB
device in windows, the devices are often turning off their leds to
indicate that they are now turned off. When unmounting in linux, this
is often not the case (although the device *is* properly unmounted and
data is flushed, so it's just a cosmetic thing.).

Isak