[Usability] Seahorse Least Usable String [was Re: Quicky review of Seahorse encryption key manager]

Matthew Paul Thomas wrote:
> These are fine, except that checkbox labels shouldn't end with periods.
> :-) (You might also want to shorten "verified that" to "checked", and
> "who it says it does" to the actual name used in the key.)

Will do, thanks.

On another topic, I hope this is okay ... I've attached screenshots of
Seahorse's very worst feature description. As you can see by the
descriptions, I'm stumped on this one. I cringe every time I see it.

CONCEPT: You've created a secure shell key, and now want to use it.

TECHNICAL: This feature helps you send the public part of your key to
another computer so you can log in using the key. You must have a login
account on that computer (which may use a password).

MENU ITEM: Remote | Configure key for Secure Shell..

DIALOGS: Attached.

Thanks in advance for any ideas, comments.

Nate Nielsen

PNG image

PNG image