Re: [Usability] Dialogs and Maximize button

On 9/10/06, Matthew Paul Thomas <mpt myrealbox com> wrote:
>>> Can this be fixed such that dialogs can have a maximize button?
>>> Even better, can maximize buttons be automatically added to every
>>> window that is resizable?

(For the past few months I've been experimenting with having no
maximize  buttons at all. So far, so good.:-)

Eh, could you explain that one?
Do you mean no maximize on any window or no maximize on dialogs?
How do you quickly increase the size of a dialog in that case?
Doubleclick on the title bar? :)

That is true. Some dialogs should be resizable, and some non-dialog
windows should not be. You can't determine resizability by window type.
<http://www.mail-archive.com/usability gnome org/msg02436.html>

But you should be able to determine resizability by looking at the
window contents and seeing if there are any resizable controls.