[Usability] Usable workspaces for everyone (was: Desktops View in Taskbar)

--- Alan Horkan <horkana maths tcd ie> wrote:

> Again I do not uses workspaces and anyone who does
> has gone past being
> what I consider an ordinary user.

I used to think this too.
However, Apple's inclusion of Spaces in the next
version of OS X makes a rethink in order perhaps.

>From the demo video, they seem to be using
Expose-style effects to make it really clear which
windows are being moved where (as opposed to our ugly
redrawing), and also to show a complete view of all
workspaces on the screen simultaneously.

So I think there must be ways to bring workspaces to
the ordinary users. The question is -- how?