Re: [Usability] Colour Schemes Tab

В Пнд, 30/10/2006 в 14:07 +0000, Thomas Wood пишет:
> Sven Herzberg wrote:
> > On So, 2006-10-29 at 19:02 +0000, Thomas Wood wrote:
> >> I'm currently working on a colour schemes tab for gnome-theme-manager. I
> >> have attached a screenshot of the current UI (note this is not in CVS
> >> yet). I would be glad of any usability and accessibility comments,
> >> particularly in relation to HIG compliance.
> >
> > I think this dialog really needs a "Revert" button. I already see myself
> > breaking my theme :)
> >
> > Regards,
> >   Sven
>
> So several people have mentioned either a preview or some way of
> reverting the colours. If you end up with foreground and background the
> same colour this is a problem since the dialog is instant apply. If the
> colours tab were to have a preview and confirm button, would this be a
> problem? The rest of the dialog is instant apply, so I can see this
> could get confusing.
>
> The other idea I have had is to fit the dialog onto one single page, and
> have combo boxes rather than list views for selecting the control,
> window border and icon theme. This way we could convert the entire
> dialog to explicit apply with a preview. Does this sound a sensible way
> forward?
>
> -Thomas

When work on gtk named colors was done first, it was supposed that there
will be color schemes that will define complete look of desktop
widgets.

http://live.gnome.org/GTK%2B/SymbolicThemableColors

It's usually very hard to select consistent colors on the whole desktop
for all applications. That's why I wonder why this mockup proposes only
selection of several colors for text and background.