Re: [Usability] Colour Schemes Tab

Sven Herzberg wrote:
> On So, 2006-10-29 at 19:02 +0000, Thomas Wood wrote:
>> I'm currently working on a colour schemes tab for gnome-theme-manager. I
>> have attached a screenshot of the current UI (note this is not in CVS
>> yet). I would be glad of any usability and accessibility comments,
>> particularly in relation to HIG compliance.
>
> I think this dialog really needs a "Revert" button. I already see myself
> breaking my theme :)
>
> Regards,
>   Sven

So several people have mentioned either a preview or some way of
reverting the colours. If you end up with foreground and background the
same colour this is a problem since the dialog is instant apply. If the
colours tab were to have a preview and confirm button, would this be a
problem? The rest of the dialog is instant apply, so I can see this
could get confusing.

The other idea I have had is to fit the dialog onto one single page, and
have combo boxes rather than list views for selecting the control,
window border and icon theme. This way we could convert the entire
dialog to explicit apply with a preview. Does this sound a sensible way
forward?

-Thomas