Re: [Usability] Disabled "F"word guessing :)

On 8 Sep 2006, at 13:03, Jason (spot) Brower wrote:

Not sure if this is the right place, but I have an idea for people that can't type very fast or accurately. My friend has MD and a very hard time hitting every key to make a word on the screen. Wouldn't it be nice to have something that she could use that would give options for words and somehow predict what she wants. Take a look at your keyboard. at the top you have the function keys... four sets... it is easy for her to hit those on her keyboard because they are divided into section. Could he have a system that would... when you begin typing show the words on the screen that it things you are typing and you can select on of the four words it provides from the list to speed up your data entry and make typing less stressful?

GOK, the Gnome On-Screen Keyboard that's part of all modern GNOME distributions, does this. I'm sure it could be adapted (or even just configured) to help your friend.

Cheeri,
Calum.

mailto:calum benson sun com            Java Desktop System Team