Re: [Usability] gnome-screensaver configuration (or lack therof)

On Sun, 1 Oct 2006, Martin Ejdestig wrote:

> Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2006 00:49:43 +0200
> From: Martin Ejdestig <marejde gmail com>
> To: Joachim Noreiko <jnoreiko yahoo com>
> Cc: usability gnome org, Scott <geekboy angrykeyboarder com>
> Subject: Re: [Usability] gnome-screensaver configuration (or lack therof)
>
> On Sat, 2006-09-30 at 22:49 +0100, Joachim Noreiko wrote:
> > --- Elijah Newren <newren gmail com> wrote:
> > > You are more than welcome to write your own or fork
> > > gnome-screensaver.
> > >  The GPL is designed to allow those who disagree
> > > with the direction of
> > > a project to take it a new direction.
> >
> > That's not a very helpful answer.
>
> Well, it's true.

Please refrain from such antagonistic behaviour.

I think we can safely say RTFM and suggesting a fork are responses which
almost go without saying should be used only as a last resort, and perhaps
are less helpful than no
response at all.

If the submitter could be more specific about which exacty screensave he
wants to configure we might be able to sugges an alternative approach.
(The image slideshow screensaver might be an example of a screensaver
which really doesn't need to be configured.)

--
Alan