Re: [Usability] Logging Out - Still a bit of a mess

On Nov 10, 2006, at 8:05 AM, Steve Fosdick wrote:
To me, ideally, if an application is not going to prompt to save unsaved work it should exit silently without reappearing on the screen. Do people agree with this?

Yes.

If my understanding is correct, what we would ideally do is to arrange things so the window manager is recogised as that and not just another application in the session so it can be kept alive until all the other applications (except the session manager) have quit.

Good idea. Report a bug. :-)

--
Matthew Paul Thomas
http://mpt.net.nz/